With the release of Firefox 9 as stable version, the Nightly channel of Mozilla’s browser has been upgraded to the version number 12. The Firefox 12 Nightly build can be downloaded for Windows, Mac, Linux and Mobile (Android) platforms now.
Firefox 12 is now in development process, and set to release on 24th April 2012 following the rapid release cycle. As the development continues, it will be enriched by many new features and improvements. We expect several awesome features to be added to the Firefox 12. Some new features appearing in Firefox 12 at the moment are:
- New look of the Style Editor. Press Shift+F7 to launch, or open from Tools Menu > Web Developer > Style Editor.
- Support for new scrollbar style in Mac OS X 10.7 Lion (Read more on Bugzilla)
- Support for the final WebSocket IETF spec (RFC 6455) and the W3C Candidate Recommendation, “moz” JS prefix removed.
- Downloads in the browser now use considerably less CPU usage (sometimes, it is reduced by 50%!).
- Images are rendered on gray background and centre aligned.