A good news for the users of Dolphin HD browser: MoboTap has released Dolphin HD 8.1 for the Android platform with several design changes. The newer version offers easier access to settings, bookmarks and browsing history. Updated version can be downloaded from Google Play.
Dolphin HD is the best browser for Android mobiles and tablets. We highly recommend this free app because of its super features and sleeker interface. Version 8.1 contains mainly design changes based on the feedback of users. Earlier version had implemented several UI changes like the new menu bar and add-on bar, but the options for several settings were not accessible easily. For example, option for browsing history was hidden within the “Quick Access” button on the bookmark bar.
- Revamped Left bar: The entire bookmark bar has been redesigned. Browsing history, bookmarks and sync button have been placed here. Tapping on the sync button on the top-left corner quickly synchronizes bookmarks across multiple devices. In past, Dolphin team offered a Chrome extension, Dolphin Bookmarks, to sync bookmarks with Chrome on desktop computer. They have now discontinued this extension.
- Easier Bookmarks Management: With Dolphin HD 8.1, it has become much easier to manage bookmarks. Users can easily edit the existing links and folders.
- Easier Access to Settings: Settings page has been resigned also, which brings quick and clear access to options like User Agent, default search engine, home page and sync settings.
- Users can now change the position (left/right) of gesture & sonar button. There is also a setting to enable/disable the “Shake to activate” option quickly.
- New design for Dolphin Connect sign-up page.
Screenshots of the newer version
(Change position of Gesture/Sonar button)
(Desktop view of websites)
(Enable/Disable Shake to activate Sonar)
More posts on mobile browsers.