If you use Real Player as your default media player on Windows, you must be aware of its functionality to download online videos right within the browser. It supports major browsers like Microsoft’s Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox, where users can download online videos without any extra effort and from almost all sites including YouTube.com. This feature of RealPlayer is totally awesome as users don’t have to install any browser-based extension like this or third-party site to download videos. RealPlayer’s download bubble appears around the video – which makes it very handy to download them.
Unfortunately, after updating the RealPlayer recently, I couldn’t find that download bubble of the RealPlayer working anymore. This was very disappointing, and initially I thought that the RealPlayer’s add-on is not compatible with the latest Firefox version.
Firefox is now following a rapid release cycle and updates much frequently. But, later I discovered that this issue is not related with any compatibility issue and solved it smoothly.
Here is the solution to the above problem, try it if you are facing the same:
- Press CTRL + ALT + A. This open the add-on manager/setting page.
- Move to the “Extensions” tab (on the left).
- Scroll down and look for the “Real Player Browser Record Plug-in” (as shown in the following screenshot).
- Click on the “Disable” button next to it. Restart the browser.
- The RealPlayer downloader should start working now. Test by visiting any YouTube video page.
So, the real problem was this extra unnecessary plug-in installed by the RealPlayer. If you are still facing this issue, You must update the RealPlayer to its latest version (Currently, RealPlayer 188.8.131.52) and then try the above trick.